Sunday

"Diana"

8x8 oil on panel


I often take my boys to the beach on a beautiful Sunday and while they are off playing in the ocean, I am often taking pictures of the scene around me.  I was particularly struck by the beauty of this little girl hunting for sea shells.  I was inspired to paint her after sketching a picture of “The Companion of Diana” for the Different Strokes From Different Folks blog. This blog was created by an artist I really admire named Karin Jurick. She posts a picture every couple of weeks for artists to paint (or draw). She then posts all the submitted versions. The end result is close to a hundred different interpretations of the same image.  I did not enter my sketch, but I did get inspired to paint this piece.  How fitting for this piece to be named “Diana”...the goddess of the hunt.


No comments: